Monday, March 24, 2008

Good News!

Happy Easter! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with loved ones, shared the joys of all the blessings and miracles Christ brings us, gave thanks for the Ressurection, and felt joy for the second chances we get through The Atonement. What complete love our Savior has for and shows us!

Last friday, we got the wonderful news that I AM IN REMISSION! What sweet words to hear! This means that the chemo was working correctly, and my body was cooperating. YEA!

Now I am entering the "consolidation" phase. I will do three more one-week rounds of chemo, but as an out-patient in the cancer clinic. These are lower doses, and I get 3 weeks inbetween each round to heal and gain my strength. During the 3 weeks of "rest", I will still be going into the clinic to give blood samples, and meeting with my doctors so they can monitor my immune system and other blood related concerns. They are also able to give medicines when my numbers start falling to hopefully boost my own marrow production so I won't have to have as many transfusions. Too cool.

So things are definitely on the recovery track, and I hope that I only have 3 more months of these treatments...then the next stage is "full remission"...where I hope to stay for a very long time! I start the first chemo round (well...first since I've been home...) this week, 3/24. My doctor suggested I keep ice in my mouth for the week I'm in treatment to reduce the mouth sores that were so...annoying...last time. I had a good friend suggest that idea while I was in the hospital; I'm determined to follow the advice this time! (Sorry I wasn't so obedient the first time...) I might even be going overboard, as I try to think of a way to suck on ice while sleeping! ;-)

I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers, and am grateful for your continued actions on mine and KC's behalf. I know God answers prayers and strengthens our faith through our trials. I have witnessed this over and over throughout my life, but especially in these last months. He never gives us anything we can't handle, and many angels found in friends and family have made this experience something we can definitely handle. Thank you for being a part of my growth and for enriching my life.
~Sarah

PS- Oh, I also hope all the eggs were found before the skunks had a chance to hunt them, and the chocolate was soothing to the digestion! Nothing better than a diet of hard-boiled eggs with seasonings of jellybeans and various shapes of chocolate! Just don't make a salad with the fake green plastic "grass"...Trust me on this. Love you all!

13 comments:

Fleming Family said...

i love you! i'm so glad things are going so well! enjoy having mom and dad there! wish we could have come with them...soon, darn it, soon! XOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOX!!!!!

Tiff said...

Congratulations on your good news. You deserve good things. Keep getting well! We miss you at school.

Judy said...

I am so thrilled that you have responded so well to your treatments and are in remission. It has been so exciting to see you progress and also to be able to watch the unconditional love between you and KC be challenged and strengthened. I am sure you would have chosen a different course to grow closer. These are hard tests to confront but you have shown me the faith and courage I have always seen in you. May God walk with you each step of this journey as you climb uphill to beating this illness. I am so proud of you and at the same time so happy for your recovery. Keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!

Chelle! said...

YIPPEE SKIPPE!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! I am screaming with excitement--can you hear me?!

Klin said...

Hooray Sarah!!! That is so great. Sam's club has some yummy sugar free popsicle like things. They would be delicious ice to have in your mouth. In fact, I'd like some for mine.

I forget what they are called. call me if you need to me to pick you up some.

Amanda Miller said...

YEAH FOR REMISSION!!!!Can't wait to see you, hopefully this weekend!
Amanda

Donna said...

Hey Sarah and KC what wonderful news, I know just how you feel after that news. I know you will be fine and all will go well for you. Keep up the great faith that you have and that wonderful sun shine smile. We love you.

Denise said...

What great news! That’s great to hear you’re doing well. Jon and Kristin send their love.

Roxanne said...

This is the BEST NEWS I've had all week!!!! YAY!!! I hope that you continue to feel the love and prayers that come your way. I also hope that those dang mouth-sores NEVER return...

LOVE YOUR GUTS!!!

Roxanne

Sandra said...

Such good news!!

Amber said...

Mrs. Scott are you going to come visit us i have been waiting for you to email me backkkkkkkkkkk please come

The Scotts said...

Sarah, the boys were so excited that they got to see you. Brennan and I are so jealous. We love you guys very much and am so thankful you have been doing better. Know that you are still in our prayers. K.C we're proud of you and all that you have done for our Sarah.
Love you Bunches

Tori :) said...

That is wonderful news Sarah!!! YAY!!