Wednesday, December 9, 2009
For all those Edward lovers out there....! This is from someone on the staff at hisgoldeneyes.com; a website that is literally my daily happy pill! I know. Pathetic. Still love it, though!
(To turn off the celebratory music so you can watch the "show", go to the "part Dos" entry, the first slide set, and hit the sound button. Whala...silence!)
My leukemia news has been pretty boring the last few months; just doing my protocol and same old stuff week to week. But, I FINALLY have some fun news to report! I've been "graduated".... in a sense. What it means? Separate from my weekly chemo treatments, my monthly visit has "graduated" to seeing the P.A., freeing up my amazing oncologist to see sicker people. P.S. The sicker people group no longer includes me. Pretty great, right?! Right. Dr. Bott had quite the twinkle in his eye as we talked over the good news.
Then, to top it off, my platelets are joining the party of my bloodstream. They were slow to come back, but I haven't been in the "low" category for two weeks now. Awesome. So, feel free to do a happy dance with me. Then shake it all around....
My Christmas wish for you is that you enjoy the holiday and savor each:
carol and song of the season
pine bough, bundle of cinnamon, and scented pinecone
decoration that brings joyous memories
falling flake that gives hope for a White Christmas
lit up house on your street
cheesy TV special
book that makes you cry (am not...)
card from loved ones far and near
snacks that go sooo against every diet invented
present you wish for others, whether it is bought or not
moment in which you testify of the miracle of Jesus
Merry Christmas! Love to all, and Peace on Earth.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
As for Spooktacular holiday cheer back home, KC and I participated in Trunk 'or Treat for the first time ever.... had a blast. KC also participated in our ward's yearly Pie, Soup, and Chili night. No awards, but he had a great time! The corn chowder was delicious, and the Bananas Foster pie.... YUM!
We wish you a wonderful holiday! We continually are in awe of our many blessings and hope we show our gratitude by giving thanks and enjoying the love of family and friends each day.
Monday, September 7, 2009
We had AMAZING fun! I hope you all had an amazing end to your summer as well! We are hopefully finishing up renovations on the kitchen and living room in the next week or so. I'm really missing my kitchen sink and dishwasher... but it's worth the sacrifice! Time to get ready for school....
Friday, August 14, 2009
- Seeing Ben Graduate!
- Fishing with Isa and Gabi
- The Mall with all its museums, Union Station
- Visiting the White House, Supreme Court, Capitol Building, seeing Congress in action, etc.
- Aviation and Space Museums, Botanical and Arboretums
- DC Temple, National Basilica, National Cathedral
- Arlington Cemetery with changing of the guards
- Looking for John Philip Sousa's Grave.... not finding it!
- All the amazing monuments! FDR, Lincoln, Jefferson, Iowa Jima.....
- Going up in the Washington Monument with the Krengel Clan
- Seeing the National Documents in the Archives with Daniela and Isa
- Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, Antietem,Bull Run
- Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown
- Other various Battlesights, GREENERY, sheets of rain
- Singing "the Wheels on the bus" while we drive our rental Charger
- Monticello, Mount Vernon, President Wilson's home
- Theodore Roosevelt Island, Georgetown, Old Alexandria, Old Post Office
- International Spy Museum, Ford's Theatre
Sooooo much more! It was wonderful, and we made the most of EVERY moment! Thank you to Ben, Daniela, Isabel, and Gabriella for giving us their time; it was a perfect vacation!
Once we got home, we had a day and a half, and then it was off to....
Sunday, July 12, 2009
The house renovations are coming along wonderfully! We are so happy with our decisions in hired help, materials, and effect on the home. We still have quite a bit left, but we're going to take a break for a few weeks and just let it marinate...or cure...or pickle... (p.s. I'm talking about the house, not our sanity!)