Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What does April Snow bring?

Wow! For those of you who don't know...we have 4 inches of snow in our backyard again! Isn't spring great? I love Utah for the diverse seasons, but I was really getting excited about the warm weather!

KC's parents came out from California to visit us this last week, and luckily they got out just before the snow hit...Boy, was Mom relieved! We feel very blessed that they were able to spend time with us; just hang'n out at the house. They (along with my folks) are just happy to have the event of the day be "watch a movie", or "go to the doctor", or my favorite..."what have you not eaten yet?". We had a great time, and even got to have dinner with both sets of parents! How great is that?!

My first round of chemo went well. I quickly got to know the nurses, finished 2 books (so far), and have my favorite lazyboy staked out for my treatments. As promised, I kept my mouth FULL of ice all week, and it has really paid off! No mouth sores! As I expected, I started feeling the fatigue and soreness on the weekend, but I don't know if my 2-day lag on side-effects are an accuracy thing or a self-manifestation. Either way, those are side-effects I can handle and won't complain much.

I've been amazed that today (Monday) the soreness is starting to diminish, and my strength is returning. If this is an indication on how quickly I'll be able to recover after treatments, I am VERY excited. I'm still bracing myself for the blood count-dip, but thanking God for the relief I feel in my recovery. For the next 3 weeks, I'll be visiting everyother day for bloodwork. So far, so good.

You know, as I go into the cancer clinic, I see many people with different challenges in their health, and realize how minimal my inconvenience has been. While I'm counting my blessings, I am touched by the care and humanity that nurses, doctors, patients, and family members show each other. There's a lot of love being shared in those rooms; it's amazing to witness it.


Another joy was on Sunday we were able to meet up at the Hansens' house for a family dinner. It started out as "Second-Easter", and then morphed into Mom's and Cory's birthday celebrations as well. What fun! I think it's quickly becoming a tradition that the girls spend the time taking pictures and posing for them, while the guys sit around and laugh at us taking the pictures. This, of course, is when they are not climbing apparatuses for the nieces!

Other than that, my life has become pretty boring as far as reporting news; but no news is good news, right? Don't take me wrong; I love every minute of it, and KC can tell you I've watched more H&G TV than a normal person should view. So, I'll bid you "Adieu" before I bore the heck out of ya! (and if I spelled that wrong, blame it on the meds!) 'Till next time...

Lots of love,
~Sarah

4 comments:

Klin said...

Hey there! I got grounded from HGTV. Allen didn't want to have all those projects to do and my dreams are bigger than my health will allow me to do. Hee hee

So glad you are feeling well. Your attitude is the key. You have always amazed me and it's an honor to know you.

Keep on keeping on Sarah.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going so well. Keep us posted! I so appreciate you!

Chelle! said...

Have I told you that you are amazing?!!! I am so glad things are going so fabulous for you. You have an amazing attitude!!!

Fleming Family said...

I love the picture of you and KC with both sets of parents! It's fun to see you sitting on the "in-law" side and KC on the "in-law" side. It's an indicator as to how much you are both parts of each other's family! So glad to hear the mouth sores are not manifest this time. Way to go with the ice! Did you try the frozen peas on your head? Haha! Loved that one! It's great to hear that you are starting to feel less exhausted, now you just enjoy the next 3 weeks! Sure love you!