Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not Much of an Update, but Lots of Words!

ABC's of Me
Here's the first tag I have received. I'm usually not one for sending things along when I get the emails of "send to 4 people you know...", but I thought this was a pretty cool one to do. It reminds me alot of the ABC poems I make my students do, so I thought, "What the heck?" Besides, I loved reading Alison's, my sister-in-law who tagged me! Hope you enjoy...

A. Attached or Single: Attatched for always to my best friend, KC; the only man who can get close to reading my mind and heart!

B. Best Friend: Um...I think I just answered that; although I have many girly friends who take the bill as well! Family members; can't leave them out of that title either, they are always there for me love me despite my many faults.

C. Cake or Pie: CAKE! Chocolate all the way, baby. Although I love it when it has mint frosting on top! Oh, and peanut M&Ms in the middle! ;-)

D. Day of Choice: Any holiday! I love all the traditions and joys they bring, the emphasis on seeing the good in mankind, and the focus on God and Family.

E. Essential Items: Hat, glasses, jeans, T-shirt, sweatshirt, keds, good book, drink, chapstick.

F. Favorite Color: White because in light it is all the colors...I'm not very good at choosing favorites, can you tell? My favorite colors to wear are black, brown, blue, green, and red.

G. Gummy Bears or Worms: Gummy bears! Worms have that wierd texture to them. I also have fallen in love with Kat's passion of chocolate covered gummy bears; so chocolate and spicy!

H. Hometown: I would now have to call Provo my hometown, because I have lived in it now for the longest time. And to tell the truth, I love Provo. There are so many things to do, all four seasons, lots of family oriented activities to do with my nieces (and nephews when they're around!), we have mountains, lakes and deserts...it's just great. I have also lived in Centerville, UT; Alb. NM; SLO, CA; and for a very brief time KC, MO. I've really loved each place, finding unique things that make them interesting. I also have realized that many times it is our memories of a place that give us our opinion of it, and I have so many great and amazing memories in all these places!

I. Favorite Indulgence: This is hard to answer, because I can't access many of these right now, but I'll speak from my normal life. Pedicures, massages, Pepsi, peanut M&Ms, hiking, swimming, hottubs, sleeping in my bed, watching Survivor with KC and our cats, gardening, game nights with my family, traveling, reading a good book, playing in the yard with my dogs. There are so many more, but I could really go on too long!

J. January or July: July. Mostly because I'm on my summer break, so I get to plan my days. However, I love all the parades, fireworks, picnics and heat July brings. It brings back a lot of memories of marching band; luckily mostly the good memories! I just love the carefree feeling of summer.

K. Kids: Yes, but in a broad sense. My students are my "Kids", and I miss not being with them. Let's see...over 500 kids so far. They crack me up with their jokes and dazzle me with their understandings and talents. I truly enjoy the part they play in my life. I also have many amazing Young Women from my neighborhood that I love like sisters. (Can I still keep them in this category, though?) They strengthen my testimony of God, and help me continually feel young and "hip"! Some people might think my dogs and cats...but they're just dogs and cats!

L. Life is not complete without...: My husband, parents, brothers, sisters (these include "in-laws"), extended family, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, forgiveness, prayer, love, joy in friendship, the priesthood, temples, sunshine, wind, rain, snow, trees, flowers, mountains, oceans, music, laughter, learning, growth, moments of reflection, personal action, passion.

M. Marriage Date: June 16, 1995

N. Number of Brothers and Sisters: 1 Brother, 4 Sisters, 4 brother-in-laws, 1 soon-t0-be, 4 sister-in-laws

O. Oranges or Apples: Fresh oranges, but apple juice and sauce.

P. Phobia or Fears: Sitting in the middle of an aisle at a movie theatre, sharing a drink with someone (although I quickly got over this when I was on a hike without any water...thanks Brennan and Dad!), and my newest one is feeling skin sensations while taking chemo

Q. Quote:"I can do hard things"~Susan Tanner, "We can do it; we are pioneers!"~ my Mom (much to my chagrin!)

R. Reasons to smile: Hum...so many! The joy of each new day, feeling love for and from others, recognizing miracles all around us, all acts of kindness and tenderness.

S. Superman or Wonder Woman: Wonder woman did help me learn how to jump into the pool when I was younger (thanks to my wonderwoman swimsuit), but Superman has such a cooler outfit and powers... and talk about hunkalicious! I think I go for Superman; but that may change in 5 minutes, who knows?!

T. Tag four People: Like I said before, I'm not one to send along "tags", so if you like this one and want to try it, go for it!

U. Unknown fact about me: I tend to share alot of myself, especially with my students, so they know most of my wierd and crazy stories of my youth. Hummm.... How about that I have a secret desire to go snowshoeing one day? I don't think I share that one often...

V. Vegetable: Most Vegis! Did I mention that I love gardening? I wait all year for my zucchini and tomatoes (although technically a fruit), and I have an amazing craving for carrots these last months. Salads have always been one of my favorite things to eat, as well.

W. Worst Habit: Hitting the snooze button a few more times than planned, loooong showers, getting to work late. Oh, and the ever present stinger...procrastination! My new one tends to be getting long-winded in emails and blogs!

X. X-ray or Ultrasound: X-rays. I think it is so amazing to see the skeleton! Also, there is much less "prep" work, if you know what I mean...

Y. Your favorite food: Steak, salad, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagas, hawaiian haystacks, sweet corn, chocolate

Z. Zodiac Sign: Gemni



Well, there's me in a brief alphabet. As I read back through it, I keep thinking of other things to add, but I must stop at some point!

I'm in a current round of chemo this week, and all is well. I have a few different side effects, but nothing to talk about. All is well, and on Monday the doc said that he's very happy with my progress...no hospital revists!



Last week I went to the Tulip Festival with my mom and Amy; here's a few pictures from that. We were a bit sad, because there was only about 20% of the bulbs blooming as of yet, but it was enjoyable all the same. I guess we'll have to go back another day for the usual splendor of color. We were planning on having our wheelchair races, but alas, they were all being used already. So, the leukemia patient, the recently recovered surgery-for-ever patient, and the young'un with major back issues all walked the entire way. Boy, are we amazing, huh? We definitely got our workout in; Jesse would be proud!

Have a great week! ~Sarah

8 comments:

Fleming Family said...

Thanks for humoring me with the tag...it was great learning more about you. The biggest thing I learned was that you love so many things and I can tell you don't take anything for granted. I've known that all along, of course. I do want you to know that Utah was definately my home, but still have a hard time claiming it for some reason. :) I do have wonderful, amazing memories from our time there...but don't like the cold so much.

Thanks for being my sister! I love you. You look like you've lost some weight, is that possible? You look great and I wish I could see you in person!!!!!

Amber said...

Hey Mrs. Scott i am scared for today because it is matturation i wish you were there by the way you look great in those pictures and, i have some beautiful flowers in my yard
Love,
Amber

Ken and Kayleen said...

Hey,
Love the info. Also, really good prep for NO that walking at the Tulip Festival. I guess I'll have to go into training at some point so I don't slow the whole adventure down.

Love you bunches!

Judy said...

What a sweet, getting to know you better blog. I am so excited about your progress. You rock girl.You are such a trooper.
Life is sweet, and I think springtime with it's new growth shows that perfectly. Too bad the tulips didn't give you a better display of this new growth.
I missed you today at church but hope this treatment is being good to you. Keep on keepin on!!!!!!!!!!

Denise said...

HI Sarah! Just kidding this is not Denise this is Shannon using her computer. Ha ha

Denise said...

. . . and can you believe that cute little Shannon made BYU's tour team! Wow! I remember watching her dance for the first time at the Jr. High. You warned me how good she was, but until I saw her, WOW! She blew me away! Good times; and a lot of dances later; what a beautiful young woman!

The Scotts said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing all the ABC's of you. We sure do miss you and still keep you in our prayers. I hope you are still taking it easy.

We LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

hey mrs.scott this is mariah!!!! Thanks so much for coming to see us!!! up date on my life
Melissa: Graduating (if thats how you spell it)
Hadley: Crazy!!!!!!
Easton: Guitar hero freak!!!
Skyler: had surgrey sometime in March. Nasty scar!!!!!
Me: Can't wait for summer!! And can't wait to swap rooms with my sisters and get my own bathroom!!!!!
Emma: Her arm is curently broken!!

I Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all miss you!!!!!

love,
Mariah

P.s. I won't be at school on the last day so don't come, and kilie says hi:)