Saturday, May 3, 2008

Finding the Purrrrfect balance of naps

Wow, is it already another month! Time can slip through our fingers so easily....
These last two weeks I've been learning and mimicing the habits of our two cats; let me show you what I mean:
Habit #1: the sleep to awake-time ratio should be about 3:1
Habit #2: any type of space constitutes a bed
Habit #3: during awake hours, it is still proper to yawn, look sleepy-eyed, or doze off
Habit #4: looking out the window while sitting on the couch is a nice pasttime
Habit #5: bug KC long enough and he'll get you something to eat (or meds)...although he reacts much quicker to me than the two felines.

You see? Instead of the pets taking on the characteristics of the owners, I fear I have gotten the formula backwards. Oh well, I'll think about it during my nap!

This last chemo round was a bit rougher than the last. One cool note, is that it was cookie-monster blue in color! Most days as it would start, I could hear the song in my head..."C is for chemo, that's good enough for me.." This time my blood counts did drop all the way down, so I've had some transfusions and had to be careful due to no immune system. There were a few other side effects, but I am always grateful that they are temporary and mimimal.

We are getting very excited to see all our relatives who are able to make the trip for Kat's wedding...Yea!!! I'll try and adjust the sleep-awake ratio a bit when they arrive...just for them!

7 comments:

Fleming Family said...

That sounds like my kind of schedule! Any time I sit down I'm asleep in a flash. Keep up the great pasttime!

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough go with the chemo. I hope you can bounce back from this round quickly and won't have to worry about any more treatments from here on out! I love you!

I was thinking about bringing the boys through the week after school is out...what is your schedule like (other than sleeping) the 14 to the 21 of June? It's really the only time I can squish it in to the crazy summer junk going on. Will's taking off to Tennessee on the 13th of this month, so I'll be bringing them solo...oh, I sure hope it works out!

Love you so so so much.

Chelle! said...

Sometimes, I think that it life would be much better if we were all animals--all those naps with not a care in the world. I am sorry to hear that you had a rough time. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!

The Scotts said...

I use to be one that never napped. Then I had kids! I find that if I don't get one, I'm rather slow and cranky. I think that's why the kids let me nap, they know I'll be nicer when I wake up.

I'm glad your round of chemo is done. Only 1 more YEAH! It was great talking to you guys tonight. We don't do it enough. Love the new blog look. That picture is so beautiful.

Love you tons

Sandra said...

I hope you're feeling better! Love the new blog look! Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. We love you and pray for you always!

Amber said...

hey Mrs. Scott this is amber we have started testing and it is kind of fun . email me and hey before i go can you come to the WaxMuseum at our school in our class on May 16 please come and i dont know what time it is at but if you EMAUL MEEEEEEEEEE I WILL TELL YOU please email me and post more often onthe BLOG

Denise said...

Thanks for the fun visit the other day!! I hope it didn't tire you out too much! I am done!!! except to defend but like we talked about, that is just a formality. I'm not sure it has sunk in yet, but summer vacation is about to begin!

Gina said...

Every morning I look at my cats and wish I had their life... sleep the day away. Glad you are able to find R&R amid the chemo treatments. I am sorry to hear you've had to do more. I hope you feel a bit better for the wedding company. Best wishes!