Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines' Day--Oh, the Love!

I've now been a patron of "7th Heaven", as our floor is known around the hosptial, for a week. What an amazing staff! The nurses, PCTs (Patient Care Techs), doctors, and staff are very cheerful and dedicated as they go about performing their duties. I joke that I'm just back on the cruise ship, hanging out in my cabin....but I think their care even goes beyond the great "service of the seas". (Although, come to think of it, I could use a sideshow every once and a while. I miss the glittery costumes and showtune karaoke...don't worry, I'm not looking for any volunteers!) Lightheartedness aside, I am in good hands here. I'm very lucky.

It was also great seeing all the scrubs with "lovely" themes here at the hospital, and I even joined in with some festive PJs of my own for the day. Some volunteers had come around a few days previous to decorate our doors with hearts, and then at night some of the PCTs came in with a sweet note and hershey-kiss-rose. KC and I enjoyed a quite night just spending time together after my Chemo treatment...how often do we get to do that anymore? Life, I have decided, is way too busy and distracting.

I have been truly strengthened and overwhelmed at the love shared with me this last week. I can't thank people enough. It's amazing how someone will show up with some sweet words of encouragement, or will write things to me which send me into laughter. My students and friends at school have been so tenacious in letting me know I am missed, which makes my heart swell! I am so proud of them, and sensitive to their compassion.

My friends in the neighboorhood and ward have eased my thoughts by taking care of things "on the homefront", while my friends and family far away have sustained me with their solid faith and prayers for my health.
Thank you to all. These words and my ability to express my feelings are so inadequate, but I hope you feel the message and gratitude beyond the text.

As far as my progress, everything seems to be going quite well. I only have one more dose of chemo for this visit, although I will be here in the "cabin" for another few weeks getting an immune system back. The side-effects of the medicine have been very minimal, and I thank my blessings hourly. Who knows, I may even get to keep my hair! (Hopefully that doesn't dissappoint many of you!)

Enjoy ALL your time with your loved ones, and thank you for sharing your love with me.

~Sarah

22 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Hey there Sarah great attitude, Keep smiling it will all be over soon and you will be back home with K C and back to school with you class. Love Donna L.

michelle said...

Sarah, I think you are amazing. Such a great attitude, you still have your sense of humor! Hope your time on the cruise ship passes quickly.

Amanda Miller said...

You are looking great, and your room looks fantastic! You are giving me strength to get through my life, you always have... Keep up the good attitude!

Anita said...

Sarah,
Just wanted to leave a note to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. You have such a great attitude (and always have)! When this is all behind you I would like to get together and catch up.
Love ya! Anita (Robinson) Tolman

Amber said...

Hello Mrs. Scott--

Thanks for creating this website for everyone, especially for your class. Amber has loved coming home from school and just looking to see if you posted anything yet. She is motivated to be extra good, to please not only the substitute, but you!!! Hang in there and know you have quite a large army of little "Vikings" cheering you on---and some big Vikings like myself!!! We love you! Debbie Hirchak debbiehirchak@yahoo.com

Klin said...

Hey there Sarah. The girls have missed you. Some took it pretty hard on Sunday. What a great sign of how deep your relationship with them goes. Did you know how deep your impact went? As hard as it was for the girls it was comforting to watch them feel for you and take a step aside and truly think about the life of another. You were so amazing the last several years as young women's president.

We miss you. I hope you get feeling better and that you don't lose your hair. We keep you and KC in our prayers.

Kayelyn Robinson

Fleming Family said...

Awesome pictures, dude! It looks like your "cabin" is taking on some characteristics of your home! :) How nice to be able to make it what you want it to be. Sorry you haven't gotten any mail from us yet, it's coming! I didn't have a manilla envelope to put it in for a few days. :( We just wanted to spread the love out over more days, haha! Sure love you! We'll talk soon!!!

Unknown said...

Holy Crap for Crap! Me thinks you are so awesome!

Keep up the good work fighting back!

The force is strong with this one..yeessss.

Sure love an miss you!

E. Vanhille said...

Dear Sarah,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. What a great idea to have this blog and I love how you have explained your condition to your students. As always you are an inspiration!!
KC is also in our thoughts and prayers. I know your faith is great and you will be blessed with the strength needed to beat this set back.
I'll keep in touch with your mom.
I also know that Annette Palmer sends her love.
Love...Later...Ellen

Tori :) said...

You are in our family prayer each nite Sarah.

The Gordon Family

Gina said...

You look so good, Sarah! Glad you had a nice Valentine's day! It's nice to hear you are so well taken care of.

JessBess said...

So you want a floor show huh? well I will have to think of something clever....you know us girls still have our old dance outfits that we could try desperately to squeeze into.. you know it would always be good for a laugh we also still have those outfits that we used for moms five a day show...you know the one that I fell down at...(lol good time) anyway that would be really funny to see cause we had those hats that had fruit on it! so we could show up looking like Carmen Miranda...only for you. Anyway let me know what you think.

JessBess said...

so it is a floor show you want...well I bet I could get the girls and I to squeeze into one of our old dance outfits.(that would be funny) Or we could track down the old outfits we used for that 5 day thing we did for mom. Remember the one that I fell at..good times good times. Anyway those were great outfits cause it had the hat that looked like Carmen Miranda so if anything it would be good for a laugh...lol well let me know what you think and what outfit..Love ya

Deanne said...

I can't believe what a small world it is! I am the sub that has been in your class. I was writing on my blog about my substitute teaching experiences, and Michelle Gren posted letting me know that she knows you, too! Crazy. You look amazing, and I reassure the class often that you are receiving the best care possible. I e-mailed you pics of the Science Fair. Let me know if you had trouble getting them, and I will re-send them. Thanks for having such a great class!

Chelle! said...

Oh, Sarah, I am so glad that you are doing simply fabulous!!! I am planning on you coming to Young Women's Camp. Through all that you are going through, I think you should be our KEY NOTE speaker. You are amazing and I am so grateful for your inspiration!!! Let me know if you are up to tying ribbons on clip boards for our YCL meeting next Thursday. Oh, I am so glad that you are doing so GREAT!! Your attitude is definitely contagious!!!!

Fashionblonde said...

Ok....Sarah I don't know what Jess is thinking with trying to get into our old costumes. If anything maybe the nieces can and we can choregraph. Although if you want I do have a Karaoke Machine. You know I'm just saying we could totally have a good time. Let me know what you think ;-)
Amelia

MAASSEN FAMILY said...

Hi Mrs.Scott
It is so great to see pictures. Today has been my first day to check out your blog. How wonderful. I did see a familiar little critter in your pictures, I am sure Collin will but excited to know that you got him. All the kids miss you. Collin especially. He has tried a little experiment. But I will let him tell you about it. Happy to see you doing so well. Please let me know if there is anything our family can do for you or yours, even something as small as an errand. We can't wait to see you. God bless you and your family.
Charlotte Maassen

Unknown said...

how are you

Kat said...

"I LOOOVVE EEWWW!"
Sorry can't spell it how we say it. I hope it makes you laugh because it makes me laugh everytime i hear or say it. I hope you are having a better day today! Let me know!
-Loves
Katienana

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look so cute in your pj's! Keep up your stunning positive attitude, girl! Love ya!
Elana

Sammie said...

Wow!! I love the pictures they are so stinking cute and definitly valentiny!!! (if thats even a word) i look at your blog everyday and I just love it!!! I think about you so much and you are in my prayers always!!
Can you believe the last time I saw you, we were in the pizza place with the EAR PIERCING fire alarm!!!! Man that was so bad!!! hah anyway hope your doing well! Love you!