Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Summer!


Happy 4th of July!
Let Freedom Ring throughout our land!


I hope everyone had a great weekend full of family fun and safety! I'm so glad we've had all the rain so there wasn't so much anxiety about landscape fires this year. Another thing to be grateful for! Crazy Utah weather.




So, for those of you who don't know, we've been renovating, and renovating, and renovating.... those with experience in these matters are probably chuckling because you know how it tends to go on and on. Yep. We've joined the ranks. Here's a bit of a timeline of our awesome mock-HGTV moments:


Last week of May: We got a dumpster, so KC went demo-crazy! The kitchen, the living room, the porch, the shed, the dogrun... Things were falling down around us; in a controlled and organized way as only KC can do it! Alright, so my dad helped a lot; and my mom and I helped a bit, too. I have to admit, it's fun to destroy drywall.














Month of June: We had a few weeks when the project seemed to come to a standstill; but it ended up being much better for us. We found amazing guys to work on our home! Thank you to our electricians and plumber! As for Shawn and Mike, our drywall maniacs, they rock. Seriously.

Month of July: Hurry and put it all back together before we go on vacation....go! Faster! Hurry! We still have a lot of tiling and painting to do, but it's coming. Our new kitchen cabinets will come soon, so we'll get to update the REAL before and after pictures then!










4 comments:

Amanda Miller said...

Your wood floor looks great! I finished Persian Pickle Club and would love to talk about it! WINK, WINK! When you do leave on vacation?

Klin said...

So what's the plan here? What will be different?

I did think that you must be crazy. I thought I was the whole time we remodeled our home down in that area. Each and every room.

The Scotts said...

OH how I am feeling it with you. Brought me back to some very late nights of painting and ripping stuff out. You guys are doing AWESOME. Can't wait to see it when it's all done. It's so nice to sit on your couch after it's done and just enjoy the all the hard work you did. LOVE YOU! Have fun in DC!

Denise said...

LOVE it! It's really coming along.