Saturday, February 5, 2011

Year 3- Done!!!

What a good day for an anniversary of life!

I just thought I'd write a few words today; life is so different than 3 years ago!  My body was coming to a standstill as I had little blood to nourish it.  Life was coming to a freezing halt as everything went on hold until better days.  I feel so blessed to be shown amazing beauty in that stillness!
   *Like grass coated with frost, I was insulated from harm in a protective environment of excellent care.
   *Just as our breath is miraculously visible on a cold morning, I witnessed the hourly evidence of prayers spoken.
   *At first impression there was monotony, but then I realized the copious shades of service, layering me with a contrast of health to my impending illness.
   *The silent moments allowed me the luxury of looking within, strengthening my roots, and stretching my listening abilities beyond my sight.
   *Relying on stores of nurishment, I gained gratitude for all the preparations both spiritually and physically of myself and others.
   *The hush of winter reminds you there is a spring coming soon, full of life and awakenings!

The winter for me is melting away.  I feel the warmth and energy slowly piercing the fog of my brain and slowed body.  Thank you for your patience with me, and thank you for your loving support.  I am truly humbled when I think of all the lesson plans others created on my behalf; the time spent in notes, phone calls, and visits; the amounts of faith and care that were extended to me and my family; the schedules and needs that were rearranged to ease my burdens; the moments of focused listening to my thoughts...I thank you.  These are feeble words, but heartfelt.  I hope I can someday be that robin for you on your wintry day, reminding you that the climate will change soon.

5 comments:

Amanda Miller said...

Another year of awesomeness to add to your life of amazingness! Miss you like crazy, is Texas calling loud enough yet? So happy all of your youness is coming back!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sarah! Thanks for a wonderful post, with beautiful images! And I'm so happy you're well! Hooray!

eemascott said...

There is nothing sweeter than spring water. You are sooo refreshing as you replenish this reader's well with such imagery. And I know the Lord blesses you back as you give so bountiously. Dad S. and I love you so much. You really are "a light on the hill" for many. Keep shining!! Love M&DS

Fleming Family said...

So beautifully said my dear sister! I love you so very much! I need to check this blog world out more often, because I miss posts like this that lighten my load when it seems heavy. You are the best!!

Denise said...

You never know how beautiful and wonderful life is until you feel it slipping away too soon! I'm so glad you are feeling healthy and strong!